Expert Plano Stained Glass Repair Services
Do you have stained or leaded glass in your Plano Texas home or business that need restoration and or repair?
Stained Glass Unlimited offer are expert Plano stained glass repair services. We can help make your stained glass look like new again. Stained Glass Unlimited specializes in restoring, redesigning, and rebuilding stained or leaded glass that has been damaged in some way over the years. Whether you need a tiny repair made to a stained glass window or a more extensive restoration project completed, Stained Glass Unlimited is the company you can trust for stained glass restoration and repair.
Stained Glass Restorations and Repairs
For more than 35 years now, Stained Glass Unlimited has been providing superior restoration and repair services for those whose stained and leaded glass that has seen better days. The next time you need stained or leaded glass restored or repaired, allow Stained Glass Unlimited to come out and take a closer look at it. Stained Glass Unlimited will make suggestions as far as what can be done to fix it and talk to you about matching the original glass in your stained or leaded glass so that it looks the same way it did when it was first installed.
Stained Glass Unlimited can make repairs for you on-site or take care of them in-house when necessary. Either way, they will work quickly to restore your stained or leaded glass while also maintaining an unprecedented attention to detail. Restoring and repairing stained glass will improve the look and feel of your home or business and ensure that the glass doesn’t chip, crack, or break any further.
Small breaks can be fixed by gluing the pieces with no notable difference to the original glass. It is common practice for our experts to remove the entire panel replacing the broken piece with a new replacement that matches the existing glass, making sure the panel is stable.
Steps for Repairing Stained Glass
Stained glass repairs need expert skills and tools. Our repair shop is well equipped with skilled technicians and equipment to meet all your stained glass repair needs. Below is the process that our technicians follow to restore your stained window to its original look.
1. Gather the materials for the project. Take care to prevent more damage to the window. Place the window on a carpet padded table. Remove the broken piece with pliers taking care not to pull away from the foil from the adjacent panel. If the glass is intact, use a glass cutter to score it, and remove the piece.
2. Use a scrap of wood to raise the window about an inch from the work surface. Using a solder melt any remaining solder on the repair area to give a clean work surface.
3. Remove the wood support. Place a piece of wood underneath the area that needs repair. Lay a piece of tracing pattern paper on the wood. Use a pencil to trace the missing piece.
4. Cut out the pattern piece with pattern shears and fit it in the work area. Trim where necessary. Using a felt marker, transfer the pattern on the replacement glass. Cut out the glass piece needed and smooth out the edges. Use a glass cleaner and paper towels to clean the glass piece thoroughly.
5. Foil around the replacement piece. Use a fid to replace any foil that needs replacement on the area surrounding. Place the replacement piece on the work area supported by a piece of wood.
6. Brush flux in the work area. Solder the part on to the window, ensuring consistency with the existing seam. Work quickly with a steady hand, not leaving the iron at one point for too long. Solder on the back also and let the window cool off.
7. Use a glass cleaner and paper towels to clean the window. Leave it to dry completely.
Materials for this project
• A scrap of carpet, indoor-outdoor
• Scrap wood
• Soldering iron
• Pattern paper
• Pattern shears for foil patterns
• Replacement glass
• Felt Marker
• Glass grinder or smoothing stone
• Glass Cleaner
• Copper foil
• Flux brush
If you are looking to for Custom Stained Glass Windows, we would love to help you with your stained glass window design. Please inquire below, and we will get back to you.
Contact Stained Glass Unlimited at 972-625-3416 today to schedule stained or leaded glass restoration and repair or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the glass repairs Stained Glass Unlimited can provide.